Payroll Specialist Job Duties include managing the payroll activities. They need to maintain a record of the employees’ salary, remunerations as well as incentives and ensure its disbursement at the right time. It is essential to have a working knowledge of MS Office in order to get into this position. Candidates having a relevant experience are given more preference.
Payroll Specialist Job Duties
- Payroll Specialists need to manage the payroll services of the organization they are working for.
- Payroll Specialists are required to work on Ms Excel, Word and Access.
- Payroll Specialists need to use payroll system in order to record various payroll details.
- Payroll Specialists need to keep a track of the employees’ attendance. This is essential as it is important to know the number of days an employee was present while computing his monthly salary.
- Payroll Specialists need to record the details of the new joiners and also maintain a record of the employees who have left the organization.
- Payroll Specialists need to plan the salary structures of the employees.
- Payroll Specialists are required to decide the remuneration and perks to be offered to the employees.
- Payroll Specialists receive reports on the targets achieved by the employees’ and provide them incentives accordingly.
- Payroll Specialists maintain a record of the employees who have done overtime and those who have been absent or on leave.
- Payroll Specialists may provide training to the new pay roll staff.
- Payroll Specialists need to ensure that the work is being done as per the guidelines set by their organization.