We all work because we need to – to support all our basic needs with the money we earn. In every industry or organization, especially where there are so many employees or workers who get paid on a specified time of the month, someone needs to take care of how much each one should be paid according to the work and length of time they do the work. This is the job for a payroll officer. He is the one who makes sure that people get equal pay for equal work aside from the other monetary benefits each one deserves according to the existing laws of the government concerning the work force.
Payroll Job Duties
- Accurately keep the records of benefit deductions, sick leave, documentation of retirement payments and vacation pay.
- Collect and compile all wages, Daily time record and request for cash advance.
- Carefully records payroll, tax information, settles deductions.
- Distribute and collect time cards each pay cut off.
- Ensure that all employees have their pay slip as their reference to their pay.
- Coordinate, plan and facilitate special programs, such as United Way Campaign regarding payroll deduction.
- Knowledgeable in all payroll systems.
- Accurate and efficient in its task.
- Strictly abide by the rules and regulations of company.