Pastry Chef Job Duties include preparing different types of pastries. It is essential to have proper knowledge about the ingredients used in preparing pastries. A candidate aspiring for this position must hold a degree from culinary school specializing in preparing and designing pastries. One may also undergo a certificate course in designing dishes.
Pastry Chef Job Duties
- Pastry Chef needs to prepare good quality pastries for their clients.
- Pastry Chef needs to ensure that the pastries are delicious as well as look presentable.
- Pastry Chef is required to oversee all the baking tasks in the kitchen and supervise the junior kitchen staff on performing these tasks efficiently.
- Pastry Chef is involved in deciding the dessert dishes.
- Pastry Chef is involved in the preparation of pastries as well as the desert dishes.
- Pastry Chef works as per the instructions given by the head chef and may also give suggestions on improving the preparation.
- Pastry Chef needs to prepare a catalogue of the pastry designs and update it from time to time.
- Pastry Chef needs to ensure that he uses the latest technology in the preparation of pastries.
- Pastry Chef needs to ensure that he creates a variety of pastry designs
- Pastry Chef is required to plan ways to attract more customers
- Pastry Chef needs to ensure that the ingredients and equipments required for the preparation and designing of pastries are available. He is required to order the supplies required for the same.
- Pastry Chef may also be involved in deciding the prices of the pastries.