Since the eyes are windows of the soul, it is very important that we take good care of our eyes in as much as we take care of the all the other organs of the body. Ophthalmologists are the ones who diagnose and treat our eye problems and discomforts. They can perform minor or major operations- all for the normal and good functioning of our eyes.
Ophthalmologist Job Duties
- Performs and conducts various tests to determine vision loss.
- Prescribes and administers medication and perform needed surgery such as removing foreign objects from the eyes or performing a cornea transplant
- Advices the patient regarding the result of the eye test and its remedies.
- Knowledgeable in its profession at all times.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of ophthalmologist society.
- Give enough information and accurate advices that is necessary to the needs of their patients.
- Take good care of their patients and monitor them as necessary.
- Use necessary tools and equipment for better cure of their patients.