Oil Driller Duties
The successful candidate in this job position would be accountable for all safe operation and production associated with running the drilling rig. You will have to drill holes on shot point flags and oversee the loading of dynamite. Additionally you will be liable for all equipment, dynamite, blasting caps, drill bits and other explosive material.
Job Duties of Oil Driller
- Attach pump and engine parts together and hook up tanks and flow lines.
- You must cap wells with packers, or spin valves, to regulate loss of oil from wells.
- You will have to clean and oil pulleys, cables and blocks.
- Attach sections of drill pipe, by means of hand tools and motorized wrenches and tongs.
- Calculate sections of drill rod in order to settle on depths of boreholes.Oil driller has to dig holes, set forms, and combine and transfer concrete, for foundations of steel or wooden derricks.
- Administer rig crews in drilling and other activities, including setting up rigs and completing or servicing wells.
- Lower and blow up charges in boreholes to start flow of oil from wells.
Line drilled holes with pipes, and install all necessary hardware, in order to prepare new wells.
- You should place and set up truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas that are mentioned on field maps