Every workplace needs the presence of those employees who can look into the basic duties such as answering phone calls, responding to letters, writing emails, scheduling meetings etc. a person who handles the basic administrative duties of an office or a workplace is known as an office technician. These employees generally take orders from office managers or administrative supervisors and are quite important for smooth working of a workplace.
Bachelor’s degree in any subject is often considered enough to be eligible for this job position.The following are some of the major job duties of an office technician.
Sample Office Technician Job Duties
- An office technician is required to listen and answer phone calls from clients, customers etc. they should be able to give correct information to the caller.
- It is the duty of an office technician to respond to emails, letters and faxes as per the directions of the office manager.
- It is the duty of an office technician to take orders from managers or seniors and work as per their specifications.
- Another important duty of an office technician is to make sure that all the computer systems are in proper working condition and in case of any issues; he/she must be able to arrange for troubleshooting methods.
- It is the job duty of an office technician to make photocopies, arrange coffee, lunch etc and file important documents for the seniors and other working staff of the office place.
- It is the job duty of an office technician to make travel arrangements for clients and visitors, prepare travel itinerary for staff members going for work related visits to different locations and book tickets etc.
- Another duty of an office technician is to prepare reports, maintain records, maintain databases and work on computer systems.