Delivering a baby is a dangerous process both for the mother and the baby. The one who is entrusted with this kind of work is the obstetrician-gynecologist. Ob-gyn oversees the development of the pregnancy from the first few weeks since it has developed until the last stages and ultimately until the delivery of the new born baby. It is a must for pregnant women to regularly visit the ob-gyn from the very start so the doctor will know every detail of the pregnancy history that will be helpful upon the delivery itself. Ob-gyn performs other duties relative to the mother and the infant.
Ob-Gyn Job Duties
- Ob-Gyn Duties Responsible for general medical care for women.
- Conduct varieties of examination to woman’s body.
- Treat diseases regarding woman’s body.
- Collect and compile information on their patient’s medical history.
- Provide counseling on patient’s diet, exercise or some sexual health concerns.
- Provide assistant to pregnant women and answers their inquiries.
- Assist mother during the child birth.
- Maintain a frequent contact with their patient, provide follow up care and continued treatments.
- Give and provide prenatal diagnoses to delivery and postpartum care.
- Conduct and facilitate program about women’s unique body features and health awareness.