Nursery Worker Job Duties include taking care of the plants. They need to take care of the plants since the time the saplings are sown. A nursery worker must have knowledge about seeds, fertilizers, insecticides and must know how to raise the plants properly. Employers usually seek candidates having work experience in this field.
Nursery Worker Job Duties
- The first and foremost duty of a nursery worker is to take care of the nursery saplings
- They need to possess in depth knowledge about the various plant saplings in their nursery as this is very essential while bringing up these saplings. They must also have knowledge about the germination of seeds.
- They are required to deal with the clients who visit the nursery and must therefore have good communication skills
- They are required to provide information about the plant saplings to the customers who visit the nursery
- Nursery workers are also involved in selling the plant saplings to the clients
- They are required to have knowledge about various fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides
- Nursery Workers are required to do a lot of physical tasks and thus a person undertaking this job must have good physical stamina
- They are required to plant the right seeds as per the season
- They need to spray insecticides and pesticides so that the plants stay in good condition
- Nursery Worker need to use gardening tools for various tasks such as removing weeds, fertilizing the plants, etc
- Nursery workers need to water the plants at appropriate timings
- They must ensure that the nursery is kept clean which is very essential for the proper growth of the plants