Nuclear Pharmacist Job Duties include managing the radioactive materials which are utilized by the nuclear medicine technologists in nuclear medicines. Nuclear medicines are used to cure patients suffering from different kinds of health problems. In order to become a nuclear pharmacist one needs to pursue a relevant degree in pharmacy from an accredited university. It is also essential to attend an internship program at a nuclear pharmacy.
One is also required to complete the doctorate degree in Pharmacy in order to get the license to work as a pharmacist. The more experienced a person gets in this field the greater are his chances to obtain better job prospects.
Nuclear Pharmacist Job Duties
- Nuclear Pharmacist is required to get in touch with the authorities that deal with the nuclear pharmacy.
- Nuclear Pharmacist needs to give advice to the clinical pharmacology staff regarding the important issues.
- Nuclear Pharmacist is required to provide information related to the benefits of radio pharmaceuticals to the patients, doctors as well as the other staff members at the nursing home.
- Nuclear Pharmacist is required to work as per the rules and regulations set by the hospital/ nursing home/ clinic he is working at.
- Nuclear Pharmacist needs to maintain a record of all the radio pharmaceutical available at the pharmacy.
- Nuclear Pharmacist needs to handle the various orders received from the clients and provide them the required medicines and drugs on time.
- Nuclear Pharmacist is required to see to it that the packaging of all the radio pharmaceutical products is being done as per the set norms.
- Nuclear Pharmacist also needs to ensure that the dispensing of these radio pharmaceutical products is being done keeping in mind all the safety regulations laid by the state government.
- Nuclear Pharmacist is involved in designing and recommending new processes and procedures for the benefit and improvement of the pharmacy.