Medical Review Officer Duties
The primary job duties of the Medical Review Officer (MRO) are to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the drug test procedure and to examine and diagnose non-negative test results acquired with the help of Pierce Transit’s drug testing program. It is also the duty of the MRO to review and be familiar with job descriptions of the safety sensitive positions subject to drug testing at Pierce Transit.
Job Duties of a Medical Review Officer
- It is his job duty to collect all drug tests reports from the Pierce Transit tested NIDA certified laboratory.
- He is expected to receive and analyze certified copy of the original documents to find out if there are any serious or correctable mistakes that may involve postponement of a test.
- He must review and construe definite affirmative, drug test results.
- He will have to inform and carry out a medical interview, either by telephone or face to face, with the individual with a complete adulterated, positive, substituted, or improper test result.
- It is his duty to review the individual’s pertinent medical history, or any other significant biomedical factors.
- He shall have to comply with all MRO necessities as specified in the Procedures for DOT for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs.