Medical Lab Technician Duties
The job of a Medical Lab Technician is basically a technical work. Being a Medical Lab Technician you need to direct and perform regular and non-standardized test and examination under general supervision of a clinical laboratory. Your duties will involve liability to perform a range of standard and highly focused examinations and tests.
Job Duties of Medical Lab Technician
- You will have to perform complex tests and examinations and re-tests wherever abnormal or atypical results are found. You will have to take the charge for maintaining a large record of supplies in a scientific storeroom.
- One of the most important duties of yours includes preparing the laboratories for students use. Give instructions and participate in the job of other technical employees conducting a variety of difficult examinations.
- You will execute the chemical studies of samples and specimens. Do special tests and allied diagnostic procedures.
- You will have to conduct hematological examinations like blood counts, blood groupings and smears for differential counts.
- Give instructions to the students to follow the correct methods of surgical work. One of your chief responsibilities is conducting complex and independent researches and clinical procedures.
- You must prepare the technical reports and results of laboratory tests and examinations.