Medical Assistant Duties
The most important job duty of medical assistants is to interview the patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. In addition to these, he will have to show the examination room to the patients and make them prepared for the physician. His duty is also to explain the treatment procedures, medications and diet and instructions for the physicians to the patients.
Job Duties of a Medical Assistant
- It is his task to help the physicians check up and treat the patients, handing them necessary materials, instruments or performing such jobs like giving injections and taking out sutures.
- His duties comprise of authorizing drug refills and providing drug recommendations to the pharmacies.
- His duties include preparing the treatment rooms for patient check up, keeping the rooms clean and tidy.
- He must clean and disinfect the medical instruments and discard the contaminated supplies.
- He will have to schedule appointments for patient check ups and assist them in dressing on injuries.
- He is expected to contact medical amenities or divisions to schedule patients for checking and or admission.
- In addition to all these, his responsibility would be performing general office jobs such as answering to telephone calls, taking dictation and finishing insurance forms.