Working in a medical office environment is a very challenging task. A medical administrative assistant is known to be an integral part of a medical center.
A medical administrative assistant is required to handle a number of tasks such as coordinating with different departments to keep the health unit intact, coordinating in admission of patients, maintaining medical records, handling billing system, taking care of the front desk tasks and much more. Below given are the major medical administrative assistant job duties.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Duties
- A medical administrative assistant is required to keep the business of the hospital going.
- He/She is required to receive the patients and accommodate them properly.
- He/She needs to greet the guest and provide them a good impression of the facilities offered at the hospital.
- He/She has to process medical records like admission documents, claims, discharge paper, etc.
- He/She needs to fix and confirm appointments of patients with the doctor.
- He/She needs to enter and check patient’s insurance claims and process it at the earliest.
- He/She is required to fill up the insurance forms and submit them on time.
- He/She has to verify the license of the practitioner.
- A medical administrative assistant is required to conduct annual medical testing of the staffs. If the medical staff is fit and healthy then only they can attend and support patients and give them a healthy environment.
- He/She is required to monitor annual service evaluations of the staff and report the same to the management.
- He/She needs to prepare payroll structure of the employees of the hospital.
- A medical administrative assistant needs to implement telemedicine program.
- He/She has to maintain medical supply inventory and order stationery and goods.
- Security is an important part of hospital industry. He/She should keep an eye on the security system of the hospital and maintain it properly.
- A medical administrative assistant needs to ensure proper cleanliness of the hospital.