Media Planners are mostly employed at advertising agencies or media houses. Media Planner job duties include planning the advertising campaigns to promote the products in an effective manner. It is suggested to pursue a course in media planning if you are aiming to get into this position. Relevant work experience in this field helps in handling the position well.
Media Planner Job Duties
- Media Planner is required to meet the clients to understand their requirement and plan the media campaigns accordingly.
- Media Planner needs to work as per the budget set by the clients. They may discuss about the budget with the client or the accounts department of their organization.
- Media Planner needs to understand the advertising strategy that the client wishes to follow and work upon planning and developing the strategies accordingly.
- Media Planner is required to deal with the creative team for preparing the media strategies and planning various media activities.
- Media Planner is required to conduct research and gather the required data for preparing the media campaigns and other activities.
- Media Planner needs to understand the interest and other behavior patterns of the target audience.
- Media Planner is required to give cost schedules to the clients.
- Media Planner needs to maintain cordial relations with the media owners including the newspaper agencies, websites and magazines.
- Media Planner is required to maintain the client relationship in order to bring in business for the organization.
- Media Planner needs to go through the advertising material before sending it live through any media broadcast.
- Media Planner needs to maintain records of the media activities handled by him.
- Media Planner needs to assess the effectiveness of the media campaigns run by him in order to find out whether there is any requirement for making modifications or revising the media campaigns.
- Media Planner is required to work as per the policies and procedures set by the company.