Material Handler job duties include loading and unloading material on or near the work site or plant. He also needs to take the material to different locations within the plant or work site. He is required to follow the instructions given by his supervisors at the plant or work site to carry out various tasks. The tasks handled by a material handler require a good amount of physical stamina.
Material Handler Job Duties
- Material Handler needs to load and unload materials and take them from one place to another within a plant or worksite.
- Material Handler is required to move different sized containers filled with construction materials as per the instructions received from their supervisors or other senior staff members at the plant or the worksite.
- Material Handler needs to use appropriate tools for opening the containers. These tools may include steel cutters, crowbar or other such hand tools.
- Material Handler is required to load and unload material to and from carts, trucks shelves, pallet, etc.
- Material Handler needs to load the material in the vehicle and place it appropriately covering it properly from all the sides in order to ensure that it doesn’t fall off or get damaged during transportation.
- Material Handler is required to take the material safely to the storage space and place it at an appropriate place there.
- Material Handler needs to utilize wheelbarrows, hand trucks or other similar modes of transportation for moving the material from one place to another.
- Material Handler is required to lift heavy objects with the help of power hoist or with hand.
- Material Handler needs to clean the work area at the end of each working day.
- Material Handler is required to ensure the maintenance of equipments used at the work sites or plants.
- Material Handler needs to clean the machines installed at the work sites or plants and ensure that they are maintained well.