A loan officer assistant is an individual who works under the loan officer in a bank or any other financial institute and handles many duties which can help in the day to day functioning of the office or workplace. He/she has to take instructions from the loan officer and see to it that all the orders are done on time.
Many clerical and customer service duties form a part of the work profile of the loan officer assistant. Given below is a detailed set of duties of anyone working as a loan officer assistant in a bank:
Loan Officer Assistant Job duties
- One of the duties of a loan officer assistant is to do all the data input functions and set up new customer accounts, files and make changes in the existing files as per the new data or deletions etc.
- Another duty of a loan officer assistant is to input the loan product terms and make estimations about the cutting costs etc.
- He/she also has to order credit reports on line and input LP or DU data.
- Another duty of a loan officer assistant is to update the loan officer about the customer database and send thank you notes to customers through mail on a regular basis.
- One of the duties of a loan officer assistant is to help with the coordinating of events organized by the bank such as holiday parties, farewell parties etc.
- One of the main duties of a loan officer assistant is to make copies of important documents, file them, do various kinds of paperwork, scanning, printing etc.
- It is the duty of a loan officer assistant to communicate with clients and customers and solve their doubts, resolve their complaints etc.
- A loan officer assistant must also return calls; troubleshoot problem areas etc. in the absence of the loan officer.