Lifeguard Job Duties include safeguarding his clients during emergency situations. In order to get into this position one must have a high school diploma and should have undergone rigorous training of at least 6 months for the various tasks handled at this position. He must be able to react calmly in case of emergency.
Lifeguard Job Duties
- Lifeguards are required to monitor the patters at the aquatic facility they are working in and act immediately in case of emergency.
- They need to ensure safety of the swimmers and people indulging in other water sports and avoid any emergency situation from arising in the first place.
- Lifeguards need to ensure that they provide emergency treatment to the swimmers and other people indulging in water sports, in case the need arises.
- They are also required to call for medical aid in case of emergency and ensure proper treatment of these people.
- Lifeguards are expected to study the earlier incidences and ensure that proper safety measures are taken in order to avoid such situations.
- They are also required to prepare the report of all the activities that go on in the aquatic facility they are working at.
- Lifeguards must ensure maintenance of the aquatic facility.
- They must also ensure that proper hygiene is maintained at these places.
- They are also involved in the preparation of the regular paperwork.
- Lifeguards are required to have knowledge about various rescue techniques.
- They must also instruct the swimmers and other people about the rescue techniques. In order to give them a better idea about these the Lifeguards must give proper training on these techniques.