Legal Secretary Duties
While working as a Legal Secretary your job will be to arrange and process the legal documents and papers which comprises of summonses, appeals complaints, subpoenas, motions and pretrial agreements. You will have to receive and place phone calls daily. Make sure that the law libraries, documents and important case files have been maintained properly.
Job Duties of Legal Secretary
- As a Legal Secretary you will have to delivery mails, fax of legal documents to the clients and the court. You will have to mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, representatives and legal witnesses.
- Make appointments and manage the work schedules. Receive and make phone calls to the clients and other court officials concerning the legal matters.
- Prepare the photocopies of important correspondence, credentials and other printed matter.
- In this position your task would be to categorize and maintain law libraries, legal documents, as well as case files.
- Provide assistance to the attorneys to gather useful and relevant information such as medical, employment and other case related records.
- You must be present at the legal meetings including client interviews, hearing dates, depositions and take important notes.
- It will be your responsibility to study the legal publications and do database searches to classify laws and court decisions pertinent to the pending cases.