Legal Nurse Consultant job duties include working with lawyers and assisting them in handling medical cases being fought in the court. It is essential to have a relevant medical degree and undergo a medical training program if you are aspiring to get into the position of a legal nurse consultant. It is also necessary to have a law degree or degree in criminal justice.
These professionals are employed at big hospitals and law firms that deal in medical cases and are required to deal with the clients and represent their cases in the court.
Legal Nurse Consultant Job Duties
- Legal Nurse Consultant is required to work in association with the lawyers and provide help in handling different medical cases going on in the court.
- Legal Nurse Consultant needs to meet the clients and take details about their cases by interviewing them.
- Legal Nurse Consultant is required to study the case before meeting the clients and prepare a questionnaire on whatever needs to be asked from him.
- Legal Nurse Consultant may also be required to meet the client’s relatives and friends in order to gather information related to the case.
- Legal Nurse Consultant is required to compile the information gathered from different sources in a proper manner so that it can be used during the court hearings.
- Legal Nurse Consultant may be required to convince the witnesses to come to the court and give their statements.
- Legal Nurse Consultant may be required to record the statements of the victims and witnesses and present it in the court in case they are unable to come to there for some reason.
- Legal Nurse Consultant needs to ensure that the patient’s medical records are acquired from the hospital/ nursing home and arranged appropriately.
- Legal Nurse Consultant is required to go through the medical record of the patient and use it while preparing material for the court hearing.