Lawn Technician Job Duties include using the lawn products for restructuring, repairing and maintaining the lawn. During this course they are required to handle a number of big and small tasks which are discussed below in detail. There is no specific educational requirement for this profession; one may take up this job even after clearing the high school. However, it is essential to clear a state pesticide test in order to work as a lawn technician.
Most employers provide on the job training to the lawn technicians in order to give them an idea about what needs to be done and how it is to be done.
Lawn Technician Job Duties
- Lawn Technician is required to restructure or redesign the lawns as per the instructions given by their clients.
- Lawn Technician needs maintain the lawns and see to it that the lawns look attractive and beautiful.
- Lawn Technician is required to ensure that the lawn is watered timely and appropriately to maintain its freshness.
- Lawn Technician is required to make use of pipes, water jugs or other equipments for watering the plants, grass and trees in the lawn.
- Lawn Technician is required to trim the plants from time to time to make the lawn look beautiful. He may seek permission from the owner before mowing or trimming the plants.
- Lawn Technician is required to place a small boundary of plants around the lawn to make it look more attractive.
- Lawn Technician needs to perform color treatments for the lawn. Each owner may prefer different color treatment thus a lawn technician needs to discuss the details with the lawn owners before conducting this treatment.
- Lawn Technician must maintain cordial relationship with the lawn owners in order to bring in more business for the company.
- Lawn Technician is required to ensure that the required amount of insecticides and pesticides are sprayed in the lawn from time to time.