A Law office receptionist is required to perform a wide variety of duties like greeting visitors, answering phone calls, transferring calls, answering queries etc. They are required to operate multi-line telephone system from where they can screen and direct calls to various sources.
They need to draft important mails which include letters to attorneys, courts and clients. Law office receptionist must know how to use certain soft ware programs like word processors and spreadsheets. They are required to perform administrative duties like documenting, scheduling appointments, scanning and photocopying documents.
They should be familiar with basic legal terminologies. They sometimes also may need to handle client billing. They should have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Law Office Receptionist Job Duties
- Law office receptionists are required to greet callers and visitors.
- Law office receptionists are responsible for answering inquiries of callers.
- Law office receptionists need to maintain coordination with all the departments in the law firm.
- Law office receptionist need to maintain call records, tracking details of the callers and storing them.
- Law office receptionists should track the details of the callers.
- Law office receptionists need to operate multi-line telephones for transferring calls to various departments as per the need of the callers.
- Law office receptionist may also have to assist attorneys in preparing case files.
- Law office receptionists are responsible for scheduling conferences.
- Law office receptionist sometimes needs to perform administrative duties such as, maintain case files, making data entry, documenting information, scanning, photocopying and filing documents etc.
- Law office receptionists are responsible for fixing appointments and arranging meetings with clients.
- Law office receptionists need to ensure that the mails are distributed to the apt sources.
- Law office receptionists need to schedule conferences.
- Law firm receptionists need to maintain the lobby area.