A Law firm receptionist is required to sit in the front office, answer phone calls and routing them to various sources as per the callers need. They are required to screen each caller, tracking their details and maintaining records. They need to ensure that the caller is being given the right information; they need to thus maintain proper communication and coordination with all the departments within the law firm.
They should have strong oral communication skills and also need to be very organized and well informed. They should have a good understanding of the basic legal terminologies. They need to draft important mails which include letters to attorneys, courts and clients. They sometimes also need to handle client billing.
Law Firm Receptionist Job Duties
- Law firm receptionist needs to greet callers and visitors.
- Law firm receptionists are responsible for answering inquiries of the existing or the potential clients.
- Law firm receptionists need to manage the reception and the lobby area.
- They are responsible for maintaining call records.
- Law firm receptionists should track the details of the callers.
- Law firm receptionists are responsible for transferring calls to various departments as per the need of the callers.
- Law firm receptionist is responsible for drafting mails to attorneys, courts and clients.
- Law firm receptionists are responsible for scheduling conferences.
- Law firm receptionist sometimes needs to perform administrative duties such as filing cases, maintain case files, handle client billing, data entry etc.
- Law firm receptionists are responsible for fixing appointments and arranging meetings.
- Law firm receptionists need to regularly communicate with senior level attorneys and other staff members.
- Law firm receptionists need to serve tea or coffee to important guests.
- Law firm receptionist is responsible for scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents.