Laser Technician is one who handles laser technology in variety of industries. They are responsible for all the aspects associated with laser machines like testing, calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining of the devices. They can work in various industries like government jobs, hospitals and manufacturing sector.
Depending upon the exact location of the work laser technician job duties may vary. They are usually responsible for installing, assembling, dismantling, testing, repairing lenses and operating the machines. Some of the major laser technician job duties are mentioned below:
Laser Technician Job Duties
- Laser technician operate laser instruments and assist the staff during the laser procedures.
- They work on various verticals depending upon the role and responsibilities of their job.
- They can work as laser manufacturing technician, laser printer technician and customer support service etc.
- Laser technician work on laser alignments and laser assembly procedures.
- The maintenance and upkeep of laser equipment and machinery is also a responsibility of a laser technician.
- The candidate is also required to provide initial analysis of the skin and r5egion where laser treatment needs to be provided to the patient before actual treatment is started.
- Undertake minor repairs in laser equipments when necessary or bring major repairs to the notice of the higher authorities for suitable action.
- They must be able to perform all the management and troubleshooting of laser instruments on their own.
- Keep track of the laser treatments provided on a daily basis and provide report to superior on a monthly basis.
- Clean optics, alignment procedures, opto-mechanics part, troubleshooting and laser integration work is also done by them.
- The documentation related to laser work is also done by the laser technician. They also work as laser safety officers by ensuring the safety during the procedures.
- Their duty also involves assisting the staff in laser operations as well.