A Java developer creates web applications, web interfaces and websites. Java developers need to be highly analytical and should be able to develop interfaces which are user friendly, effective, result based and presentable at the same time. They should have experience working with SQL servers and should be familiar with other programming languages such as html, asp, jsp, eclipse, php, .net etc.
They should be able to understand the customer’s need and provide them with creative solutions making their task easy. Thereafter, they also are responsible for implementing, developing, testing and maintaining the product. A java developer needs to have good communication, presentation and multi-tasking skills.
Java Developer Job Duties
- Java developers need to design a presentable and user friendly interface.
- Adding animations, drop downs, music in order make the application interactive and presentable.
- Java developers need to create secured programs which are not prone to threats.
- Java developers are responsible for designing a robust backend and integrating it with the frontend design.
- Java developers need to implement and execute the program with established processes.
- Java developers are responsible for upgrading the software or the application when the need arises.
- Java developers need to test the software before implementing it.
- Resolve test defects.
- Java developers need to give necessary training to the customers regarding the software.
- Provide technical support to the end-users as well as the program administrator.
- Preparing manuals for the end-users and their direct customers.
- Mentoring the team of software developers and providing them with assistance.
- Recommend changes to improve the software and keeping it updated.
- Testing the software from time to time.
- They are responsible for maintaining project records by documenting them.
- They are responsible for taking customer feedbacks and handling customer complaints.