IT Technical support professional is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems, servers and networks of an organization. They usually work in the IT department of an organization. It is their duty to look into installation and configuration of computer systems. Diagnosing hardware or software faults and solving technical problems of the applications are done by the IT Technical support professional. There may be issues with the network or server of the organization; IT Technical support has to ensure that server is working properly and there is always network connection. It is necessary that an individual has a qualification or certification in the It field.
IT Technical support job duties
- IT Technical support professional is responsible for installation and configuration of computer hardware as well as software.
- He needs to monitor the network connections and servers of the organization to ensure that they are in proper working condition.
- IT Technical support professional has to give troubleshooting instructions to staff as well as the clients over the telephone or face to face.
- IT Technical support professional has to provide support to the end users in regards to troubleshooting and network issues.
- The candidate has to replace parts of the computer whenever required.
- IT Technical support professional has to prepare and follow diagrams and written instructions in order to repair a system or a fault.
- The candidate performs the duty of setting up the user accounts of the users and solving password related issues.
- The professional has to test and evaluate new technology.
- He has to establish excellent working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- IT Technical support professional has to ensure electrical safety is a computer system.
- IT Technical support professional has to maintain records of license of software.
- He has to maintain stock of hardware.