IT help desk job duties include providing assistance to people with software, hardware or network related issues. The person in this role should have strong communication and organizational skills as they directly need to communicate with the customers and employees.
They should have strong technical knowledge and problem solving skills. They need to identify and resolve all internal and external IT related problems. They need to also provide the customers with after-sales support and maintain good customer relationship. They are required to maintain call logs and customer database.
They are responsible for reporting issues to the service department, making them understand the customer’s need, fixing appointments with customers and conveying the necessary details to the technicians of the service department.
IT Help Desk Job Duties
- IT help desk technicians are responsible for taking phone calls from customers.
- IT help desk technicians are responsible for giving online support to IT customers over chat and emails.
- Providing IT support & help to the employees within the organization on a regular basis.
- They are responsible for fixing all technical issues within the organization.
- Guiding the customers on computer related issues and providing them detailed step by step instructions.
- IT help desk technicians need to maintain call logs and all the other help desk interactions.
- IT help desk technicians need to provide after sales support to customers.
- IT help desk technicians need to at times transfer calls to their senior authorities if the need arises.
- They are responsible for arranging on-site service for the customers, for this purpose they need to maintain coordination with the service department.
- IT help desk technicians are required to maintain customer database.
- They are responsible for preparing activity records.
- They are responsible for taking customer feed backs and handling customer complaints.