IT coordinator is someone who manages the IT section of an organization. The job duty is to ensure smooth functioning of the organization by taking care of the technical aspects within the organization. They are responsible for making any IT related decisions, troubleshooting a problem and giving support to the technical as well the non-technical staff, also catering to the basic IT requirements of the organization like installing hardware & software, maintaining important data, keeping the machines secured and training the non-technical staff.
It is important that an IT coordinator has good communication skills as he may have to give troubleshooting information over phone and also give supervisory instructions. It is also helpful if the individual has basic training skills alongside strong technical knowledge.
IT Coordinator Job Duties
- IT Coordinator is responsible for training the employees and also developing their IT skills.
- To manage the entire IT setup and ensuring IT section is running efficiently.
- Looking after Hardware, Software, Networking, procurement and maintenance in the IT section.
- Giving IT support to the staff on regular basis.
- Installing of software, hardware and making a new purchase ready for use.
- Keeping the machines protected from all kinds of virus, malwares, spywares and all kinds of threats.
- Educating the staff on how to store data in an organized manner, taking back-ups regularly, maintaining and storing important documents.
- Identifying and troubleshooting IT related issues.
- Cleaning and checking the machines on a regular basis.
- Providing troubleshooting steps to employees over phone.
- Coordinating with the members of the IT team.
- Making important IT related decisions within the organization.
- There is license documentation work that needs to be done in the IT department, which is usually overseen by the IT coordinator.
- Tracking hardware related orders