IT administrative assistants are responsible for performing a wide range of administrative tasks like keeping the entire IT setup in good health and ensuring security and efficiency of the setup. They need to carry out routine configuration, installation and maintenance activities.
Their responsibility also includes providing assistance and support to the technical and non technical staff, as and when required. They need to have good communication and management skills. Hands on experience of installation of hardware and software along with good knowledge of networking, operating systems, server management and programming.
They should be aware about the latest developments in the IT sector and should be very methodical and organized in their approach. They should have good time management skills and should be flexible and adaptive.
IT Administrative Assistant Job Duties
- IT administrative assistants are responsible for setting up a secured, efficient and cost effective network within the organization.
- IT administrative assistants are responsible for managing the entire IT setup and ensuring that the IT section is running efficiently.
- IT administrative assistants monitor internet and email usage of employees.
- Providing IT support & help to the staff on a regular basis.
- Fix all technical issues within the organization.
- They are responsible for configuration of machines and installation of hardware and software.
- They need to carry out analysis and optimization of servers and workstations.
- IT administrative assistants are responsible for reviewing the server’s performance from time to time.
- IT administrative assistants need to identify potential security risks and prevent the systems from such risks.
- They are responsible for cleaning and taking back-ups from the machines on a regular basis.
- Storing important data and keeping records.
- Educating the employees on how to save disk space and encouraging them to keep the systems clean and up to date.