An inventory control manager is an individual who works in the supply chain department of a company and ensures that the entire inventory used for manufacturing the products or goods are present at their required levels.
These individuals order required goods whenever there is shortage and help the company’s operations to run smoothly. The following given is a list of the major inventory control manager job duties.
Inventory Control Manager Job duties
- Any person who is working as an inventory control manager in a company must ensure that at all times, the inventory is well maintained and the extra stock of the products are present at the warehouse to run the company’s sales for a decent period of time.
- The inventory control manager must make sure that the required goods are ordered and stored in a timely manner.
- It is the duty of an inventory control manager to ensure that the stored inventory is well before its expiration date or period.
- Another duty of an inventory control manager is to supervise the junior staff and given them instructions.
- It is the duty of an inventory control manager to recruit new staff as per the requirements and train the new employees.
- An inventory control manager must make policies and procedures surrounding the proper inventory levels and work in accordance with the governmental laws and guidelines etc.
- He/she must employ a purchasing department to look after the purchasing of new items. He/she must negotiate prices of goods and build long term relationships with the vendors.
- Another duty of an inventory control manager is to lead a team of employees in an audit process of the inventory.
- It is the duty of an inventory control manager to keep and maintain records of all the inventory items.