An interior decorator is the professional who plans and designs the best interior for a room as well as furnishes the rooms to make sure it gets a complete look overall. The interior decorator consults with the house owner or the business owner to see which style suits their taste. Then the interior decorator will work their magic to make sure that the dream of the house owner or business owner comes to reality.
Interior Decorator Job Duties
- To give an estimate for the material requirements and costs of the materials and to present a design to the client for approval.
- To confer with the client to determine the factors affecting the planning of the interior environments, such as the budget for the design, architectural preferences and the purpose and function of the design.
- To advise the client on the factors affecting the interior design such as the space planning, the layout and utilization of the furnishings and the equipments needed and moreover the color coordination between each rooms or sections.
- To select or design the furnishings, art works for display and the other accessories.
- To formulate an environmental plan to be more practical, conducive and esthetic for the given purposes such as the selling merchandise or for raising productivity.
- To get subcontract for fabrication purposes and their installation, the arrangement of carpeting, draperies, fixtures, accessories, painting and wall coverings (false roofing), art works, the furniture and the related items.
- To render the design ideas in the form of drawings or paste-ups.
- To also plan and design the interior environments for the luxury transports like boats, planes, trains, buses, and the other enclosed spaces.