Insurance broker is basically a link between the insurance company and the client. Insurance broker job duties include dealing with the clients, providing them information about the insurance products being offered by the company, helping them choose an appropriate insurance plan as per their requirement, persuading them to purchase the product.
It is essential to have thorough knowledge about the insurance terminology and knowledge about the company’s products and services in order to become an insurance broker.
Insurance Broker Job Duties
- Insurance Broker is required to deal with the insurance company he is working for. He needs to obtain information related to the company’s insurance products and services.
- Insurance Broker needs to stay updated with the products and services being offered by the company.
- Insurance Broker is required to meet the clients and provide information about the company’s products and services to him.
- Insurance Broker needs to understand the requirement of the client and provide him information about related insurance products.
- Insurance Broker is required to help the clients in choosing an appropriate insurance plan as per his requirement.
- Insurance Broker needs to clarify any doubt related to insurance plans that the customers ask.
- Insurance Broker is required to gather knowledge about the insurance plans being offered by his competitors and explain the strong points of the plans being offered by his company by drawing a comparison with those being offered by the competitors.
- Insurance Broker is required to explain the procedure of obtaining the insurance policy to the client.
- Insurance Broker needs to provide information related to the documents that need to be submitted in order to attain the insurance plan.
- Insurance Broker is required to help the clients in filling up the form and ensuring that there is no discrepancy in the insurance forms filled by them.
- Insurance Broker is also required listen to any insurance claim related issue being faced by the client after purchasing the policy.