Information Security Officer Duties
Information Security Officer needs to coordinate the development of UA information security policies, standards and procedures. He will have to work with key IT offices, government groups and data customs in the developmental process of such policies. So one need to make sure that, university policies are supports compliancy with the external requirements.
Duties of Information Security Officer
- Information Security Officer should organize the development and delivery of a training program on information security and privacy policies for the personnel, other authorized users as well as the students.
- He needs to manage and supervise employees in the Information Technology Security area. He would be accountable for the entire direction, organization, and assessment of these units.
- His job duties also include interviewing, appointing, and training staffs;
- He also plans, assigns, and administers work; appraise performance; rewards and regulates employees;
- He also deals with complaints and resolves problems.
- He will have to develop a cost-effective Information Technology security program for the University including polices; measures, strategies, alertness and training plan, in general security infrastructure, and supervise.
- He will have to work with Information Technology infrastructure owners and under the administration of the Chief Information Officer in order to implement the Information Technology security program.