HR specialist job duties include maintaining employee records, preparing different reports, disbursing employee salary, handling salary related issues of the employees, arranging interviews, screening candidate’s resumes, organizing events and handling a number of other tasks.
Besides these tasks an HR Specialist needs to assist the senior level HR professionals in carrying out various tasks. It is recommended to go for a degree in human resource if you are aiming to become an HR Specialist. A degree in labor relations may also be considered.
HR Specialist Job Duties
- HR Specialist is involved in the recruitment process where in is required to screen the candidate’s resumes and short list the candidates.
- Hr Specialist is also required to schedule interviews, make arrangements for the interview and even take the initial interview rounds.
- HR Specialist needs to call up the candidates and give them information about the interview results and send out offer letters to the selected candidates.
- HR Specialist is required to maintain a record of the employee’s attendance. The attendance record needs to be updated on a daily basis.
- HR Specialist needs to prepare employee attrition reports and figure out the reason for attrition.
- HR Specialist is required to help the senior level HR professionals in carrying out different tasks as per his instructions.
- HR Specialist needs to disburse employee salary. He needs to ensure that the salary is transferred on time each month.
- HR Specialist is required to attend to the salary related disputes of the employees. He needs to work upon resolving these.
- HR Specialist needs to handle the attendance related issues of the employees and correct the attendance records in case there is any discrepancy.
- HR Specialist is involved in deciding the pay packages for employees at different levels.
- HR Specialist is required to organize events and celebrations in the office every once in a while so as to ensure that the office environment doesn’t get dull.