HR Director Duties
Being appointed as HR Director your chief responsibilities would be to give direction and supervise the staff recruiting, testing and prescreening the applicants. You will have to participate in and/or coordinate the interviewing process. Synchronizing with departmental managers is also required to determine staffing needs. Beside this you will have to recommend and develop selection standards and employment procedure as well.
Duties of HR Director
- As a responsible HR Director you are the in charge of managing labor relations activities. It also includes performing as the chief negotiator, and preparing collective bargaining meetings.
- You should handle and/or participate in grievances and interest arbitration hearings. Apart from this your task would be to assist all departments in resolution of the grievances and administer in collective bargaining agreements.
- You need to prepare recommendations for department budget based on staff related matters and resource requirements, services to other departments and their objectives and priorities.
- Prepare position descriptions and obtain external salary information to provide competitive and equitable compensation programs.
- Proper coordination in regards of the selection and costing of benefits, and resolving benefit related matters fall within your responsibilities.
- Give advice to the managerial and supervisory staffs, review salary increasing issues and consult with the departmental managers to arrange action plans to resolve staff problems.