The role of a hotel sales manager is vital and very important for the success of any hotel. A hotel sales manager is an individual who is responsible for managing, directing and administering the sales duties and department of a hotel. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the sales strategies are being implemented properly and that the desired sales targets are met by the hotel.
Any person working at this position must have exceptional interpersonal skills and managerial abilities. A hotel sales manager has to perform many duties, some of which have been given in the following lines.
Sample Hotel Sales Manager Job Duties
- The primary job duty of a hotel sales manager is to try and build strategies that will attract customers to the hotel from all across the world.
- Another duty of a hotel sales manager is to meet with prospective clients and new clients and sign deals with them regarding the stay at the hotel or other services provided by the hotel.
- A hotel sales manager must coordinate, direct and manage the activities of the staff of the hotel and ensure that customers are receiving satisfactory services.
- Another job duty of a hotel sales manager is to communicate with other sales staff members and work out strategies, policies and sales targets for the hotel.
- It is the job duty of a hotel sales manager to train new sales team members and teach them about the intricacies of sales and marketing of the hotel.
- A hotel sales manager must work out promotional offers, events etc so that more guests and customers are attracted towards the hotel.
- He/she must also set prices for different services offered by the hotel in such a way that customers are inclined to use those services over those offered by other hotels.