Hotel Housekeepers are required to handle a number of tasks that help in the maintenance of the hotel rooms, pantry, lobby and other areas. They are also required to ensure cleanliness in and around the hotel. Usually the housekeeping manager assigns different duties to different housekeeping staffs. The duties may be assigned on a daily basis or even on weekly basis.
Hotel Housekeeper Job Duties
- Hotel Housekeeper is required to ensure that the hotel rooms are cleaned properly.
- Hotel Housekeeper needs to ensure that the kitchen, washrooms lobby and other hotel areas are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Hotel Housekeeper needs to make sure that all the items are stocked properly in the rooms.
- Hotel Housekeeper needs to check which all things have been consumed and need to be ordered.
- Hotel Housekeeper is required to set the hotel rooms.
- Hotel Housekeeper stock the hotel bathrooms with all the required items including soaps, shampoos, towels, toilet papers and other bathroom accessories.
- Hotel Housekeeper also needs to stock the hotel rooms with all the necessary items such as bed sheets, blankets, pillows, water jug, cups, paper, pen, etc.
- Hotel Housekeeper is also required to ensure that the refrigerators in the hotel rooms are well stocked with food and beverages.
- Hotel Housekeeper also needs to collect the laundry from the guests and ensure that it is delivered back on time.
- Hotel Housekeeper also helps in arrangement for meetings, parties, seminars, etc.
- Hotel Housekeeper is required to decorate the hotel rooms, lobbies and other areas on special occasions.