Help Desk Technician job duties include providing support to the staff members by resolving technical issues arising in the systems. These professionals are a part of the technical team and hold an important position in a company. They are available to help the staff members instantly whenever any hardware or software problem arises in the systems.
A Help Desk technician is required to see to it that the systems run smoothly and the work is not interrupted for long because of any system issue. It is essential to have a relevant technical knowledge and the required training for getting into this position and handling it well.
Help Desk Technician Job Duties
- Help Desk Technician is required to answer to the users queries’ related to their systems over the phone.
- Help Desk Technician needs to answer to the issues related to both hardware as well as software problems in the system.
- Help Desk Technician is required to train the users to work on newly launched computer programs and applications.
- Help Desk Technician may also train the users on doing some small troubleshooting on their own.
- Help Desk Technician needs to see to it that both the hardware parts as well as the software programs in a computer system run smoothly.
- Help Desk Technician is required to maintain a record of the system installation and troubleshooting done by him.
- Help Desk Technician needs to identify the problem in the computer system by listening to the problem details given by the user or by diagnosing it by checking the system on his own.
- Help Desk Technician is required to configure new software programs in the computer systems.
- Help Desk Technician needs to attach the hardware peripherals with the system and ensure that they work appropriately.
- Help Desk Technician needs to work under the guidance of system engineers and seek help from them to carry out various tasks.