A ground security coordinator is an individual who works for an authority such as an airport or a ship port so as to coordinate the various security related activities of the staff. A ground security coordinator is required to oversee all the procedures regarding security and safety which are being carried out on the ground set up of an air transportation facility or ship port. It is the duty and responsibility of a ground security coordinator to ensure that no suspicious activities are happening on the port and all baggage and cargos and thoroughly checked.
If you wish to know more about the job duties of a ground security coordinator then please read the following given information:
Sample Ground Security Coordinator Job Duties
- A ground security coordinator is required to follow the international code of the security services and ensure that the ground activities are completely under control.
- It is the duty of a ground security coordinator to interact with passengers and travelers to resolve their queries and look into their special needs and requirements.
- Another duty of a ground security coordinator is to make sure that all passengers and thoroughly checked and their baggage and luggage etc too are made to go through security checks.
- Another duty of a ground security coordinator is to assign and allocate duties to different security personnel to ensure complete compliance with security rules.
- A ground security coordinator plays an important role in identifying suspicious activities and questioning the passengers that are found to engage in anything which is considered suspicious.
- Another duty of a person appointed as a ground security coordinator is to supervise cargo screening.
- It is the duty of a ground security coordinator to give orders in case of emergency situations like bomb scare etc.