A geriatric nurse is a nurse who has specialized training about providing treatment and care to patients who are older in age and are facing the old age medical conditions or problems. A geriatric nurse basically works to provide medical assistance and care to elderly people so that they can live independently and smoothly in their old age days. There are many job duties and responsibilities associated with the position of a geriatric nurse.
If you want to know more about the various job duties of a geriatric nurse, then you can go through the following given points.
Sample Geriatric Nurse Job Duties
- One of the most important job duties of a geriatric nurse is to compile the entire medical history of elderly patients so that they can give proper and appropriate treatment and care to those patients.
- Another job duty of a geriatric nurse is to give medication to the patients and take care of their eating habits.
- It is the duty of a geriatric nurse to take elderly patients on walks and keep them happy and positive about their health.
- It is also the job duty of a geriatric nurse to be patient and happy around old age patients.
- Another job duty of a geriatric nurse is to conduct medical tests and record the readings of various tests so that the progress of the condition can be monitored.
- A geriatric nurse must talk to the patient’s family and inform them about the ways through which they can take care of the patient.
- Another duty of a geriatric nurse is to provide the patients with emotional strength so that they can live their last days with satisfaction.
- A geriatric nurse must also train himself with better methods of taking care of elderly patients.