Computers dominate our life today. They are used to maintain all the data, records, information and statistics in a systematic format. However what makes the computers work efficiently is the human touch of a Functional Analyst also known as a System Analyst. A Functional Analyst offers his expertise on consultancy basis or on employment basis.
These professionals need to have good analytical as well as observational skills. Functional Analyst Job Duties are varied. Read on to find out about the various tasks these professionals are required to handle.
Functional Analyst Job Duties
- A Functional Analyst analyzes, evaluates and makes an intensive study of the existing computer systems which are being operated and solution oriented systems and methods to improvise the same.
- A Functional Analyst is required to detect the errors in the software systems and rectify the same.
- A Functional Analyst is required to offer expertise in installing new system- configurations.
- A Functional Analyst needs to analyse the software development life cycle and provide quality concepts in the system.
- A Functional Analyst is required to effectively interact and communicate with technical and non technical audiences and analyse the business requirements, gather all the relevant data and design systems that work in tandem with the present and future environment of the business.
- A Functional Analyst needs to install and configure new systems and train the users about the newly installed software and its impact on the activities of the business.
- A Functional Analyst is required to upgrade the existing systems to match up with the current business activities.
- A Functional Analyst needs to design and install advanced Data Modelling systems which optimize the efficiency and reliability of the business activities.
- A Functional Analyst needs to prepare reports and evaluate data on the impact of the new systems.
- A Functional Analyst needs to give a momentum to the existing computer systems to enhance their functionality.