Forklift Operators are mostly employed in big warehouses where they are required to assist in safe and timely movement of products. A person applying for this position must be physically fit; this is the basic requirement. A candidate is given proper training and taught how to operate forklift safely once hired for this position. Forklift Operators are much in demand these days.
Forklift Operator Job Duties
- They are required to handle the inbound and outbound shipments efficiently so that they remain free from any scratches and dents.
- Forklift Operators need to prepare the products for shipment. They need to check the amount of goods to be shipped and make sure that the shipment is done as per the exact order.
- Forklift Operators handle picking duties efficiently enough so as to meet the customer service standards.
- They transfer the goods from storage area to trailers or rail cars.
- Forklift Operators load and unload the goods with the help of power equipments such as forklift, clamp trucks, etc.
- They move heavy material by using power equipments like forklift, clamp trucks, radio frequency equipments, etc.
- Forklift Operators have knowledge about operating various forklift equipments efficiently.
- They operate all the forklift equipments in the prescribed manner to carry out the task safely and avoid any kind of accident.
- Forklift Operators keep the facility’s equipment and material neatly and in an orderly manner.
- They ensure the maintenance of all these equipments so that these can be used again.
- They may be required to work for warehouses, airport or loading docks.