Forklift Driver Job Duties include lifting and moving heavy material from one place to another with the help of forklift. These professionals must have a sound knowledge of operating the forklift to clear the way. There is no specific educational requirement for getting into this position; a candidate may apply for it even after clearing the high school examination. However, one requires a license to drive a forklift in order to get into this position.
Forklift Driver Job Duties
- Forklift Driver is required to drive the forklift vehicle and operate the forklift.
- Forklift Driver is required to follow the instructions given by his supervisor and place the goods accordingly using the forklift.
- Forklift Driver needs to lift pallets and move them to clear the space.
- Forklift Driver is required to lift other materials and goods and move them to the place instructed by their supervisor.
- Forklift Driver needs to ensure that the goods and material is moved appropriately and quickly so that there is enough space made for the other staff members to do their work.
- Forklift Driver is required to take all the safety measures while lifting forklift.
- Forklift Driver needs to inspect the forklift before performing any task with it.
- Forklift Driver is required to ensure that the forklift is cleaned and maintained properly.
- Forklift Driver needs to get the forklift vehicle serviced from time to time.
- Forklift Driver is required to check if there is any problem with the forklift operations. In case there is any issue he needs to report the same to his supervisor.
- Forklift Driver is required to help in loading heavy material in the truck.
- Forklift Driver needs to assist in unloading heavy items such as boxes, pallets, etc from the trucks as they arrive at their destination.
- Forklift Driver may even be involved in preparing pallets of the material which is to be loaded on the truck.