Food Service Attendant job duties include greeting the customers who walk in to the food joints or restaurants, taking down their orders, ensuring that they are given the food items ordered in time, providing good customer service, assisting in washing the dishes, preparing food and handling a number of other tasks.
One does not require attending any particular degree course in order to become a food service attendant however, having some relevant work experience in this field helps in getting a good job opportunity. Employers mostly look for candidate having good communication skills, pleasing personality and knowledge about various foods and beverages.
Food Service Attendant Job Duties
- Food Service Attendant is required to greet the customers and give them a warm welcome.
- Food Service Attendant is required to take down the order of the customers and provide information about the same to the kitchen staff.
- Food Service Attendant needs to ensure that the food is delivered to the customers on time.
- Food Service Attendant is required to clear the tables after the customer has had food and ask them if they would like to order some sweet dish or any other food item.
- Food Service Attendant needs to clean the dining area on his own or ask the housekeeping staff to do so.
- Food Service Attendant needs to ensure that the customers are given the best possible services so that they visit the restaurant again.
- Food Service Attendant may take feedback about the food from the customers.
- Food Service Attendant is required to ensure that the table cloth is spread properly and flowers or any other decorative item is set properly on the table.
- Food Service Attendant may even be involved in cleaning the dishes and arranging them properly in the cupboard or any other appropriate place.
- Food Service Attendant is required to ensure that the food is served properly keeping in mind the hygiene conditions.