Food Counter Attendant job duties include taking orders from the customers, providing them the food ordered by them, keeping the counter clean, arranging china on the counter, assisting the kitchen staff in preparing food, arrange napkins and other useful items on the counter, sharing food menus with the customers, ensuring proper hygiene in and around the counter.
It is essential to have complete knowledge about the food and beverages served at the food joint in order to attend to the customers properly. One must also have effective communication skills, good inter personal skills and a pleasing personality in order to get into this position.
Food Court Attendant Job Duties
- Food Court Attendant needs to greet the customers with smile and ask them for the order.
- Food Court Attendant is required to share food menu with the customers and give them information about the food items they inquire about.
- Food Court Attendant needs to take the order from the customers and provide information about the same to the kitchen staff.
- Food Court Attendant may even take cash from the customers for the order placed by them or direct them to the cash counter.
- Food Court Attendant may be required to assist the kitchen staff in preparing food items.
- Food Court Attendant needs to use electrical appliances to bake or roast different food items.
- Food Court Attendant is required to commit a time to the customer and ensure that the food ordered by them is ready within the committed time.
- Food Court Attendant is required to ensure that customers are given quick service.
- Food Court Attendant needs to see to it that the food quality is good.
- Food Court Attendant needs to keep the counter clean and hygienic.
- Food Court Attendant is required to arrange china at the counter so that it is readily available for serving the customers.