Fitness Consultant job duties include teaching fitness techniques to individuals and providing them other tips to stay healthy and fit. One needs to have a thorough knowledge about exercise science, the use of different fitness equipments and various other techniques used to stay fit. A degree in physiology or related field is essential if you are aspiring to get into this position.
These consultants may be employed in gym, fitness centers or medical healthcare centers. They may even have their own fitness consultation office.
Fitness Consultant Job Duties
- Fitness Consultant is required to meet the clients and understand their requirement.
- Fitness Consultant needs to provide information related to various available fitness plans.
- Fitness Consultant is required to suggest the best possible fitness plan to the clients and enroll them on the same.
- Fitness Consultant is required to give fitness tips to the clients so that they are able to stay fit.
- Fitness Consultant needs to provide information about what all should be consumed during a day as per the fitness regime he is going through.
- Fitness Consultant is required to prepare fitness plans for the different clients.
- Fitness Consultant is required to go through the existing fitness plans and programs and make improvisations in them from time to time.
- Fitness Consultant needs to teach the use of different equipments used for exercising.
- Fitness Consultant is required to see to it that the clients follow all the safety measures while using the fitness equipments.
- Fitness Consultant needs to ensure the maintenance of the fitness equipments.
- Fitness Consultant is required to learn the use of any new fitness equipment that comes in the market and request its purchase, if it is worth buying.
- Fitness Consultant needs to go through the medical history of the clients and suggest exercises accordingly.
- Fitness Consultant is also required to suggest diet plans to the clients keeping in mind their medical record.