Fire Fighter Duties
Job of a Fire fighter always includes protecting life and property by fighting, extinguishing and preventing fires. In this position you will have to work in emergencies for sick and injured victims and take part in prevention activities on assigned shift.
Job Duties of a Fire Fighter
- You will have to and connect hoses after arriving at the place of incident. Then direct the water flow under high pressure to extinguish the fire.
- Climb up and down the ladders to perform your duties wearing protective equipments and breathing apparatus.
- You are the first emergency personnel on the spot; hence you need to assess the condition of an injured victim by examining their health condition and inquiring about his medical record.
- In emergency you may have to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid services. You should provide support to the paramedics by assisting them to lift injured people and place them in ambulance for sending them to the hospital.
- Your job responsibilities also include checking and maintaining fire fighting equipments in between calls.
- You should take part in training programs offered by the department to make sure that your skills remain up to date if new equipment is purchased and procedures change over time.