Financial Controller Job Duties include overseeing and controlling the finances of the company. A candidate must have qualified CA/ CPA and should hold a few years of experience in the accounting field. The candidate must possess a degree in finance and should be well versed in handling financial matters in order to get into this position.
Financial Controller Job Duties
- A Financial Controller is required to see to it that all the tasks of Finance department go on smoothly.
- He/ She must monitor the performance of the Finance department staff and ensure that they work efficiently.
- He/ She must also ensure that all the tasks being handled by his subordinates are performed as per the guidelines set by the company.
- A Financial Controller must also ensure conformity with the statutory laws.
- He/ She need to conduct regular audits in order to keep a check on the quality of work.
- A Financial Controller is required to review the financial reports and check if there is any scope of improvement.
- He/ She is required to reconcile the balance sheet at the end of every month for reference of the company directors or other senior officials.
- A Financial Controller is required to ensure the authenticity of accounting software so that all the accounting tasks can be performed efficiently.
- He/ She is also required to compile data that can be used by the insurance brokers.
- A Financial Controller needs to prepare and maintain Job Costing Statistics.
- He/ She must also see to it that the ledgers are reconciled on a regular basis.