A fashion merchandiser or merchandizing executive is a person who works in the fashion industry and takes care of several processing right from the production to the retail. Fashion merchandizers help in product development, buying and selling fashion accessories and items, and fulfilling many such other duties and requirements. To work as a fashion merchandizer, one needs to have strong knowledge and sense of fashion, production and marketing. These professionals mainly work in retail companies, fashion houses and textile production companies to perform a wide range of duties. To know more about the tasks and duties of a fashion merchandizer, you can read the following given information:
Fashion Merchandising Job Duties
- A fashion merchandizer must decide which merchandise or items are to be sold at a retail store or in a fashion store.
- He/she is responsible for sourcing merchandise and maintaining the supplies in a store.
- It is the duty of a fashion merchandiser to manage the finances of the store and maintain supplier relations.
- Fashion merchandizers who work at production houses must help clients or buyers order products and convince them about fashion products or merchandise items.
- To analyze the current fashion trends and to predict upcoming trends are also duties of fashion merchandizers.
- A fashion merchandizer must also decide which items will be displayed at a fashion store and how will they be displayed for maximum effect.
- To manage financial accounts and ensure that the business is earning sufficiently well is also a duty.
- It is the duty of a fashion merchandizer to take customer feedback, conduct fashion surveys and attend fashion shows to know about how fashion products and merchandize are being received by target audiences.
- To read magazines, blogs and articles to find out the latest happenings of the fashion world can also be considered as one of the important duties.