Fashion Merchandiser Job Duties include promoting fashion clothes and accessories. They are usually employed at Retail fashion stores and are involved in augmenting the sale at the store by ordering and displaying the latest fashion merchandise. Fashion Merchandisers must have a good sense of style and should also possess good communication skills.
Fashion Merchandiser Job Duties
- Fashion Merchandisers are involved in choosing a range of fashion clothing for their firm.
- They are required to deal with the manufacturers and suppliers and place orders.
- Fashion Merchandisers are assigned the task of purchasing the latest fashion clothes for the firm or the retail store they are working for keeping in mind the store’s budget.
- They are expected to negotiate with the suppliers at the time of purchasing the fashion products and accessories.
- They are expected to stay updated with the latest fashion styles and educate their clients about the same.
- Fashion Merchandisers are expected to bring in business for the company they are working for.
- They are required to find out newer means to advertise and promote their fashion range.
- Fashion Merchandisers may even be required to attend various fashion shows in order to find out about the newest fashion styles.
- They need to manage the sales of the retail stores they are working for.
- Fashion Merchandisers are required to display the fashion products in a way to grab the attention of the customers.
- They are expected to have complete knowledge about the products they are selling as well as possess information about their competitor’s range as this is helpful in convincing the customers to buy their products.