Fashion Designer Duties
The basic job duty of a fashion designer is to interact with the sales and management executives or with clients in order to discuss the ideas of various designs. He will also assist the management in determining the prices according to the design and materials used in the pieces. Another very important job duty of a fashion designer is to develop a series of products for the company and market them through different avenues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
Job Duties of a Fashion Designer
- You will have to give direction to the workers on the drawing patterns and also give them instructions on cutting the samples and making them.
- Based on the factors such as gender, age and status, you will have to identify the target markets and look for innovative designs.
- To increase sales and create awareness of your product, you are expected to give sample garments to the sales representatives and the agents.
- You must read the scripts and consult directors and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
- You will have to make a regular visit to the textile showrooms to keep up-to-date on the latest fabrics.
- You will have to attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals in order to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.